At Petrie Advanced Dental, our goal is to give every one of our patients the finest in dental health as well as a beautiful smile they can feel confident in. To accomplish these goals, our amazing team of dental professionals has access to a variety of treatments, including Botox.
What Is Botox Used For?
There are two key uses for Botox treatment that we implement at Petrie Advanced Dental. One is cosmetic, where the application of Botox to targeted areas of your face can provide a much more youthful look. This method smooths “smile lines” and wrinkles around your mouth, allowing your wonderful smile to appear even more vibrant.
The second use of Botox is viewed as a more traditional medical treatment. For anyone suffering from pain or discomfort caused by TMJ/TMD, Botox is an incredible procedure that helps relax facial muscles which in turn, reduces pain and discomfort caused by these disorders.
What Are the Benefits of Facial Aesthetics?
Many of our patients choose to take advantage of our Botox facial aesthetics treatments. We can do many things with Botox that can give you:
- A Younger Appearance: Botox treatments give patients a youthful, timeless appearance.
- Self-Confidence: Being proud of your appearance makes a big impact on self-esteem. Our Botox treatments can help you feel more comfortable in your own skin.
- Fewer Wrinkles: Wrinkle creams don’t work on everyone. Botox does. It tightens the skin, making wrinkles disappear.
- Relaxed Facial Muscles: Botox can give you pain relief if you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw aches, or muscle spasms.
What Can Facial Aesthetics Treatments Do for Me?
Our Botox treatments are very versatile. We can adjust them according to your goals for the aesthetic of your smile and face. Here are some examples of what facial aesthetic treatments can do:
- Fix Gummy Smiles | Botox can loosen the muscles in your lips so they will rest comfortably over your teeth when you smile.
- Smooth Wrinkles | The Botox pulls the skin tight near where we inject it, so any wrinkles in the vicinity will disappear.
- Prevent Chronic Migraines | Loosening certain muscles with Botox can even prevent or treat chronic headaches.
- Give Your Lips More Body | Using Botox or other dermal fillers, we can transform thin lips into attractive, full ones.
- Get Rid of Crows Feet | Are you getting some smile lines by your eyes that you’d rather not have? Botox can help!
What Is the Botox Process?
Thanks to the incredible standards Petrie Advanced Dental has for our dedicated dental professionals, the process of receiving Botox is both streamlined and comprehensive
Like all of the wonderful treatments we offer, the Botox process begins with a consultation. During this consultation, there will be a discussion on your expectations about the Botox treatment. For cosmetic treatments, you will be asked about the aesthetic results you would like to see in facial areas. If you are looking for Botox to help relieve TMJ/TMD pain, the discussion will most likely focus on the intensity of the aches or dental discomfort.
Once the consultation is complete, you can schedule your Botox appointment. It is an in-house procedure, where a targeted application of Botox will be applied to your face and jaw, in the areas discussed with Dr. Petrie. The process will not be painful as we insert a precise amount of Botox into your skin. Thanks to the streamlined process, the entire Botox appointment will likely take an hour or less.
The Botox Timetable
You may not notice any significant difference in your appearance for several weeks after your appointment. This is normal. It will take some time for your body to adjust to the treatment, but once it does, you’ll enjoy the look of your healthy, younger-looking, wrinkle-free face!
Another advantage to Botox is that it is temporary. Try out your improved facial aesthetic for a few months, and if you decide you don’t like it, the treatment will eventually fade. If you wish to continue with the treatment, we recommend coming in for another dose of Botox every 4-6 months.
Schedule Your Botox Consultation Today for a Younger Smile
Petrie Advanced Dental has been meeting the dental needs of Tacoma residents as well as those in the greater Pierce County area for over ten years. Our patients can depend on us for any treatment they might require to look and feel their finest. So contact us today for a consultation about the benefits of Botox!