Dr. Arvind Petrie is your Tacoma, WA dentist for CEREC single-visit tooth restorations. Why go to the dentist a second time if you don't have to?
What is CEREC?
CEREC technology utilizes computer aided CAD/CAM design and milling to fabricate an all porcelain or zirconia crown in just one visit to our Tacoma dental office. There are no messy impressions or inconvenient return visit to place your final restoration. Your restoration is metal-free, and the high-grade ceramic material makes your teeth stronger and more beautiful, all while keeping your teeth looking natural.
The CEREC Process
During your appointment, your tooth will be prepared for your specific restorations, like a crown or bridge, scanned, and uploaded to a computer program where Dr. Petrie can design and create your restoration. It is then milled within a machine using water and diamond and/or carbide burs. Afterwards, the restoration is stained and glazed for custom color match and baked in a high temperature oven before Dr. Petrie bonds it onto your tooth. After your CEREC crown is placed, you’ll take care of it the same way you care for any other tooth: brush, floss, and smile!
Why Choose CEREC?
There are many advantages of using CEREC over traditional crown technology.
- Efficiency: Dr. Petrie makes your CEREC crown in just one visit, saving you considerable time away from your job and family.
- Comfort: Dr. Petrie uses a simple digital scan to fabricate your restoration, resulting in very high precision of fit.
- Aesthetics: Single-visit, in-office crown creation allows for custom shading and better color matching because we do not rely on a lab to use photos to match the color.
- Strength: Milled ceramic is stronger than the traditional method of layering and pressing, so your smile will stay beautiful for years!
- Versatility: CEREC material and technology can also be used for fillings and bridges, in addition to crowns. Since these restorations are made out of solid porcelain, they are more durable than traditional filling and bridge materials.
To learn more about CEREC single-visit crowns, please contact our Tacoma, WA dental office. We look forward to helping you restore the health and beauty of your smile!